Weddings: Availability and viewing
We hire the barn out for a self-imposed maximum of 10 wedding occasions a year. As we reach this number through word of mouth and this website, we are anxious to ensure that these few weddings fit in the farm set-up we have here and that you have a really lovely day. Consequently we hope you will understand that we have evolved our barn hire charges and terms & conditions to attract the sort of weddings we know work well here! There are lots of lovely venues to explore that provide lots of packages and 'frills' and to avoid wasting your time visiting here only to discover we don’t offer something that you really want, it is worth emailing us with questions and getting our information leaflet. Most of all please note the following:
- We allow you plenty of time to set up the day before the wedding, but private barn hire from the start of reception or ceremony to the end time is a maximum of 8 hours (unless you opt for the midweek 3.5 hour ceremony/reception)
- For evening receptions that start at 4pm, the event stops at 11.30pm ie music and the serving of drinks must finish by 11.30m and guests must have departed by midnight.
- We don’t charge corkage on your own wine (but you can arrange paybars)
- There is no absolute requirement to use specific caterers. If you wish to do your own cooking we have to agree a different set of terms & conditions.
- Accommodation options with a wedding event are by special arrangement.
Please note we don’t do viewings for weddings planned for two years ahead. Please phone to make an appointment to visit. As the barn is booked most weekends viewing is usually only possible midweek or on a Sunday between 2.30pm-5pm.
We don’t have a smart wedding brochure but for further information check out the gallery photos from past weddings, and for availability for specific dates please complete the enquiry form below or contact:
Juliet & Christopher Hawkins
The Hall, Milden, Lavenham, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 9NY
Tel: 01787 247235