Barn hire charges for receptions & secular (non-legal) ceremonies
Please contact us for an up-to-date list of options and hire charges. We offer options for up to 80 guests with or without accommodation - with discounted rates for midweek and lunch-times.
We are keen to ensure that the few wedding occasions we now host each year in our home are really well suited to our small, family-run set up and ethos - and we can give our all to making it a really lovely occasion. Consequently we have evolved our barn hire charges and terms & conditions to attract the sort of weddings we know work well here! And to avoid wasting your time visiting here only to discover we don’t do something that you really want, it is worth noting a few key things about weddings at Milden:
- There is no set formula to your wedding at Milden Hall, no obligation to use certain caterers (you can self-cater - with a few rules), no corkage on your own wine (but we do insist on professional staff to deal with drinks) – and no hidden extras in the private barn hire charges.
- This is a working farm – we occasionally have sheep and lambs in the fields, we have two farmyard pigs, we harvest in the summer months, and there is mud (and pot holes) on the farm drive. Please do not expect hotel facilities.
- We allow you plenty of time to set up the day before the wedding, but we do insist that use of barn and garden from start of reception or ceremony to the end time is a maximum of 8 hours unless you are here for a small gathering self-catering stay over several days.
- For evening receptions, the event stops at 11.30pm ie music and the serving of drinks must finish by 11.30m and guests must have departed by midnight thus timing might be, for example, reception only guests arrive 4pm, depart by midnight.
- We don’t charge corkage on your own wine (we can arrange paybars) but we do insist on professional staff manning a drinks station for all but the smallest of weddings.
- There is no absolute requirement to use specific caterers but we would prefer (no obligation) you to use those from our own list of regulars (for which we do not take a commission). If you wish to do your own self-catering, we agree special terms & conditions which would include you employing some paid kitchen staff.
- Accommodation options are by special arrangement ... but in essence we want people to have a happy time but we do want to avoid super-rowdy behaviour or a Glastonbury-type festival thing with tents, all-night noise and unsupervised children.