Enjoy a Tudor evening
Whilst in the Tudor barn, for something a bit different consider an evening of Tudor fun.
- Dress up Tudor - borrow our various costumes. As many of these are warm, woollen garments, this is best done in the winter months!
- Put on a Tudor feast – lay up the banquet tables with wooden platters, pewter spoons and glazed pottery and enjoy a huge meal
- Get a chef in to cook, deliver or serve and wash up – or do your own meal and we can suggest menus. Haunches of venison, pheasant pie, spinach flans, vegetable potage ... Pippin pie, gooseberry cake ... with cider and ale.
- Try our Tudor quiz – adapt it to suit your group. For hen groups we have a special Tudor hen quiz!
- Dance - borrow our Tudor music and challenge different teams to create and lead on a dance – or get a tutor in to teach you
- Take part in the Milden medieval murder mystery – written for 15 or so role-players and facilitator, performed around a banquet - or bring your own
- Visit an amazing Kentwell Hall Tudor re-enactment whilst you are here – spend a day with re-enactors where they really do it properly!
…had the time of our lives here .... I’m sure our children will have our Tudor banquet as a favourite childhood memory when they’re old and grey. … all so comfortable and atmospheric too. (Susan Welsh & Jolyon, November)
Tudor dressing up
The barn was amazing. Everyone loved the Tudor fancy dress, and we all had a really nice day out in Lavenham thanks to the bikes! (Lucy, April)
... the barn lends itself perfectly to this – long table, candles lit etc. The actors were good at keeping 22 hens under control (most of the time….) and everyone dressed up and really got into character on the night. (Lizzie, June)
The highlight was the 7-course banquet on the Saturday evening, with games, quizzes and competitions between each course. It was my son who compared the evening and he was in his element with your radio microphone! Most people came in costume so we had prizes for the best and one prize especially for the most 'interesting' codpiece - there was even a musical one!! Everyone thought your barn amazing and a wonderful venue for the occasion. We had a fantastic time and will definitely remember you for other get togethers. Ingrid, May 2008 & again since